Research in the department of Anatomy can be listed under the following topics:
- Biomechanics and Anthropometrics
- Gross Human Anatomy
- Reproduction and Endocrinology
- Teratology and Developmental Biology
- Cell Biology and Histology
These topics can be further grouped into specific areas such as:
- Neurosciences – Environmental impact on cognition.
- Anthropology and Growth studies
- Research dealing with various aspects of microscopic and sub microscopic organization of biological structures
- Studies on molecular, cellular, histological, biochemical and histochemical studies on normal and experimental animals
- Functional morphological and behavioral studies
- Reproductive and developmental biology
- Comparative dermatoglyphics studies
- Effects/mechanism of action of anti-prostatic enlargement herbs
- Effects/mechanism of action of anti-diabetes herbs.
- Gross Anatomy study of variations of structures as in Africans compared to those already given in most anatomical textbooks.