- Address: Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences,Obafemi Awolowo College of Health Sciences, Olabisi Onabanjo University,PMB 2001, Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria.
- Social Media Addresses: Whats App +234 (0) 803 378 1945
- Designation: Professor of Medical Microbiology
Biography: Professor Afolabi Oluwadun was born on 5th April, 1950 in Sagamu, Ogun State. He attended Sokoya Memorial Wesley Primary School, Sagamu (1955-1961), Muslim High School, Sagamu (1962-1966), Federal School of Science in Onikan Lagos (1969-1971). He obtained a BSc Honours degree in Microbiology in 1978 from University of Ife (Now Obafemi Awolowo University) Ile-Ife and MSc degree in Microbiology from Texas Southern University, Houston-Texas, USA in 1984. He did nine months internship in Medical Laboratory Science with specialization in Microbiology at the School of Medical Laboratory Science at Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH), Idi-Araba from January to September, 1985. In 2007, he obtained a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Microbiology from the University of Ibadan.
Prof. Oluwadun joined the services of the then Ogun State University (Now Olabisi Onabanjo University) as a pioneering Assistant Lecturer on 2nd October, 1985 and rose to become a Professor of Medical Microbiology in the Department of Medical Microbiology and Parasitology on 8th April 2009. He has served as the Head of the Department on several occasions from September 2002 to August 2015. He was the Sub-Dean of the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences (1992-1993), Departmental Post-Graduate Programme Coordinator (1999-2002), member of the Academic Staff Professional Ethics and Disciplinary Committee (2007-2008), Chairman of Curriculum Committee of the Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences (2010-2011) and the Chairman of the Post-Graduate Programme Committee of the same Faculty from 2011-2015. In 2001, the most Fatherly Lecturer Award was given to him by the 2000/2001 Pathology/Pharmacology set of medical students. On 9th February 2006, he was conferred with the long meritorious service award of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
In November 2010, Prof. Oluwadun was conferred with honorary Membership Award for distinguished service in Medical Laboratory Science Education in Nigeria by the Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists of Nigeria for immensely contributing to the development and growth of the profession. He is also a pioneering member of the African Society for Laboratory Medicine (ASLM), which held its first International Conference in Cape Town, South Africa in December 2012 and in which 3 of his PhD students presented papers on their research findings.
Prof. Oluwadun won many academic awards and research grants including the Ogun State Government Oversea Postgraduate Scholarship (1982-1984) and the Wellcome Nigeria Fund (1988). He won the Smooford International Ltd Research & Development Grants twice in 2004 and 2006. He was the principal presenter of To-To Skin Health Care Natural and Herbal Research Products of the Smooford International Ltd, Iperu-Remo, at the First Nigerian Universities Research and Development (R&D ) Fair in Abuja in November 2004 in which Olabisi Onabanjo University was awarded a certificate of Excellence for resenting a research project of high standard, which has relevance to national development. His presentation partly contributed to the coming of Olabisi Onabanjo University in first position at the State Universities level in that NUC Fair. He also won PZ Cussons Nigeria PLC Research and Development grant in 2007 for determining the antimicrobial activity of Carex Powerful antiseptic. He served as the Assistant Principal Investigator in research collaboration between the Olabisi Onabanjo University and the Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN), which won a research grant under the implementation of Competitive Agricultural Research Grant Scheme (CARGS) in 2010.
Prof. Oluwadun is an active pioneering member of the Mycotoxicology Society of Nigeria (MSN). He received a cutting edge training and certificate on “Methods of Determination of Mycotoxins in Food” at the International Food Safety Training Laboratory at the University of Maryland, College Park, USA in December 2014. He has produced 50 MSc and 9 PhD degree holders of Medical Microbiology among his numerous postgraduate research students here in Olabisi Onabanjo University. He has a total of 82 publications in reputed journals of Medicine and Medical Sciences. Presently, Prof.Afolabi Oluwadun is on one year sabbatical leave at the University of Lagos as a Visiting Professor of Microbiology till 5th June, 2018.
Professor Afolabi Oluwadun is happily married to Princess Mrs. Adepeju Oluwadun (Nee Sonuga) and blessed with lovely daughters.
- Department: Medical Microbiology and Parasitology
- Academic Rank: Professor
- Current Position: Professor of Medical Microbiology
- Research Interest: Antimicrobial Activities of Natural Products (Honey); Mycotoxins in exportable food commodities.
- Institutions Attended:
(a) Sokoya Memorial Wesley Pry School, Sagamu 1955 – 1961
(b) Muslim High School, Sagamu 1962 – 1966
(c) Federal School of Science, Lagos 1969 – 1971
(d) University of Ife, Ile-Ife 1974 – 1978
(e) Texas Southern University, Houston, USA. 1982 – 1984
(f) University of Ibadan, Ibadan 1999 – 2007
- Membership of Professional Bodies:
- Member, Mycotoxicology Society of Nigeria.
- Member, African Society for Laboratory Medicine.
- Distinguished Honorary Member, Nigerian Association of Medical Laboratory Scientists.
- Awards Received:
- Ogun State Government Oversea Post Graduate Scholarship Award 1982 – 1984
(b) Wellcome Research Grant, Ibadan 1988
(c) Most Fatherly Lecturer Award by the Olabisi Onabanjo University
Medical Students; Pathology / Pharmacology 2000 / 2001 Set.
(d) Smooford International Ltd Research Grant 2004
(e) National Universities Commission (NUC) 2004 Abuja Researcher
Award. — 1st Position
(f) Olabisi Onabanjo University Meritorious long Service Award 2006.
(g) Smooford International Ltd Research Grant 2006
(h) Paterson Zochonis (PZ) PLC Research and Development Award.
(i) Competitive Agricultural Research Groups (CARG) Grant, Abuja. Jointly awarded to Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU) Research Group & Cocoa Research Institute of Nigeria (CRIN) 2010-2012
- Courses Taught:
- MMB 301 Bacteriology
- MMB 402 Medical Mycology
- Laboratory Practicals
- MMB 801 Systematic Bacteriology (3 Units)
- MMB 802 Microbiological Techniques & Instrumentations (3 Units)
- MMB 803 Research Methodology (3 Units)
- MMB 804 Seminar (2 Units)
- MMB 806 Immunology (3 Units)
- MMB 807 Medical Mycology (3 Units)
- MMB 808 Advanced Microscopy (3 Units)
- MMB 810 Antimicrobial Chemotherapy (2 Units)
- MMB 890 Entrepreneurship (3 Units)
- MMB 899 MSc Research Supervision (6 Units)
- MMB 999 PhD Research Supervision (6 Units)
- Research Conducted:
- Malaria in Pregnancy
- Mycotoxins in cocoa based beverages
- Cocoa as anti-malaria
- Antimicrobial activity of Honeys
- Clinical trial of To-To product, To-To ointment and soap products
(a) Project/Dissertation/Thesis/Inaugural Lecture
- Ogunledun, A. (1978) Effects of chemical pesticides on different Rhizobium strains. B.Sc. Hons degree project at University of Ife.
- Ogunledun, A. (1984) Comparative yield and biologic evaluation of non – polar toxins produced by an Aspergillus fumigatus cutured in two different synthetic media. MSc degree dissertation at Texas Southern University, Houston, Texas, USA.
- Ogunledun, A. (2007). Incidence of microbial contaminants and nutrient composition of selected cocoa-based beverages in Ibadan, Nigeria. Ph.D Thesis at University of Ibadan.
- Oluwadun, A. (2015). Encounter with Microbes: No Victor, No Vanquished 72nd Inaugural Lecture delivered on Tuesday 13th October, 2015 at Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye.
(b) Journal Articles
- Odeyemi, O and Ogunledun, A (1983). Compatibility of some pesticides used in Nigeria with root nodule bacteria. India. Journal Agric. Sci. 53: 168 – 172
- Ogunledun, A, Kofie, B.A.K., Adetunji, J.A., Fakoya E.A.O. and Bamgboye, E.A. (1988). Prevalence and significance of symptomatic and asymptomatic malaria parasitaemia in Sagamu. The Nig. Journal of Parasitology 9:149-158.
- Ogunledun, A., Fakoya E.A.O., Kofie, B.A.K. and Williams, A.I.O. (1991). Relationship between malaria parasitemia and symptoms of the disease in adults. Journal of Nig. Med. Practitioner. 21:11:14.
- Olusanya, O., Ogunledun, A., Olabiwonnu, J.A., Kassim, B.O., Taiwo, S.M. and Ojo, M.O. (1991). Carriage of Staphylococcus aureus among hospital personnel in a Nigeria Hospital Environment. Central Afri. Journal of Med. 37:83-87.
- Olusanya, O., Ogunledun, A., Fakoya, T.A. (1992). Asymptomatic significant bacteriuria among pregnant and nonpregnant women in Sagamu, Nigeria. Central Afri. Journal of Med. 38:297-302.
- Ogunledun, A, Sule-Odu, A.O.B, Adefuye, P.O, Opaneye, A.A. and Olusanya, O. (1993). The microbial agent associated with parturient vaginal and neonatal eye infections in Sagamu, Nigeria. Tropical Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecol. 10:7-10.
- Ogunledun, A, Sule-Odu, A.O, Fakoya, E.A.O, Iwalokun, B.A, Ojelabi, E.O, Adeleye, O.A, Adetunji, J.A, Umotong, A.B, Achidi, E.A (1998). Antibodies to the repetitive epitope of malaria circumsporozoite protein in pregnant women is Sagamu, Nigeria. Nig. Journal of Biochem and Molecular Biol. 13:107-114.
- Fakoya, E.A.O, Osilesi, O, Ogunledun, A, Fakoya, T.A, Odusoga, O.L (1998). Antioxidant nutrients and disease interaction. Nig. Journal Nutri. Sci. 19:6-19.
- Famodu, A.A, Fakoya, E.A.O, Osilesi, O., Makinde, Y.O., Osonuga, O.A., Asemota, E.I., Fakunle, J.B., Ogunledun, A., Fakoya, T.A. (1998). Dietary influence on blood pressure and haemorheological risk factors for cardiovascular disease in Seventh-Day Adventists of the Ilisan – Remo Cohort. Nig. Journal Nutri. Sci. 19:1-5.
- Sule-Odu, A.O., Ogunledun, A., Fakoya, T.A. (1998). Effects of duration of labour on vaginal microbial pathogens and perinatal outcome. Journal of Clinical Practice. 1:5-8.
- Daini, O.A. Ogunledun, A., Lawal, K.T., Moibi, F.K., Odunowo, A and Ogunwobi, O. (1998). Plasmid borne Streptomycin Resistance of Escherichia coli in Sagamu, Nigeria. Afri. J. Med. & Pham Sci. 1:18-23.
- Sule-Odu, A.O. Ogunledun, A., Fakoya, T.A., Adefuye, P.O. , Fakoya, E.A.O., Odusoga O.L (1999). Effects of amniotic membrane status and duration of labour on vaginal microbes in pre-term delivery. African Journal of Med. and Pharm. Sci. 1:6-11.
- Sule-Odu, A.O. Akindele, R.A., Ogunledun, A., Yinusa, A.I., Sumola, J.M. (1999). Prevalence of Human Immunodeficiency Virus amongst Patients and Blood Donors at a University Hospital in Nigeria. Journal of Med. and Medical Sci. 1:117-119.
- Ogunledun, A, Daini, O.A., Sule-Odu, A.O, Amballi, A.A., Fakoya, E.O.A., Iwalokun, B.A. (2002). Antibiotic Resistance and R-Plasmids of Klebsiella pneumoniae in Asymptomatic Bacteruria. Afri. Journ. Med. Pharm. Sciences 1:27-34.
- Iwalokun, B.A, Gbenle, G.O., Smith, S.I., Ogunledun, A, Akinsinde, K.A., Omonigbehin, E.A. (2001). Epidemiology of shigellosis in Lagos, Nigeria: Trends in Antimicrobial Resistance. J. Health Population Nutrition. 19:183-190.
- Iwalokun, B.A., Gbenle, G.O, Adewole, T.A., Smith, S.I., Ogunledun, A., Akinsinde, K.A., Omonigbehin, F.A. (2002). Antibiotic Resistance Patterns and Plasmidic Speciation of Shigella isolates from Lagos, Nigeria. Nig. Journal of Biochem. and Molecular Biol. 17:15-19.
- Iwalokun, B.A., Adewole, T.A., Afolabi, B.M. and Ogunledun, A. (2002). Comparative kinetics of digoxin sensitive (NaK) ATPase in symptomatic and asymptomatic patients with falciparum malaria. Journal of Malaria in Africa & Tropics. 1:21-24.
- Sule-Odu, A.O., Ogunledun, A. and Olatunji, A.O. (2002). Impact of Asymptomatic Maternal Malaria Parasitaemia at Parturition on Perinatal Outcome. Journal of Obsterics and Gynaecology. 22:25-28.
- Iwalokun, B.A., Gbenle, G.O., Akinrimisi, E.O., Smith, S.I., Adewole, S.A., Ogunledun, A. (2002). Characterization and transferability of R-plasmids from Shigella serogroups isolated in Lagos, Nigeria. Nig. Journal Biochem. & Molecular Biol. 17:117-123.
- Iwalokun, B.A., Gbenle, G.O., Ogunledun, A. (2003). Patterns and Properties of Haemagglutunins expressed by Shigella serogroups in Lagos, Nigeria. Journal of Health Population and Nutrition. 21:90-95.
- Alebiosu, C., Ogunledun, A. and Ogunleye, D.S. (2003). Report on Clinical Trial of ToTo Ointment and Soap Products. Journal of the National Medical Assoc. 95:95-105.
- Daini, O.A., Ogunledun, A, Fagade, O. and Akinpelu, O.S. (2003). Nutritional Analysis of Locally Produced Cocoa-based Beverages. Nig. Food Journal. 21:70-75.
- Iwalokun, B.A., Bamiro, S.B., Ogunledun, A, Hassan, M.A., Gaans Idim B.A. Afolabi (2004). The pattern of osmotic fragility and thrombocytopaenia in Nigeria children with acute Plasmodium falciparum malaria before and after chemotherapy. Nig. Qt. Hosp. Med. 14:251-256.
- Iwalokun, B.A. Ogunledun, A., Ogbolu, D.O., Bamiro, S.O. and Jimi-Omojola, J. (2004). In vitro antimicrobial properties of aqueous garlic extract against multi-drug resistant bacteria and Candida species from Nigeria. Journal Med. Food. 7:327-333.
- Iwalokun, B.A., Gbenle, G.O., Akinrinmisi, E.O., Smith, S.I. and Ogunledun, A. (2004). Substrate profile variation and drug resistance patterns of β-lactamase producing Shigella species isolated from diarrhoeal patients in Lagos, Nigeria. African Journal of Med. & Medical Sci. 33:51-55.
- Daini, O.A., Ogbolu, O.D. and Ogunledun, A. (2005). Quinolones resistance and R-plasmids of some Gram negative enteric Bacilli. Afric. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Microbiol. 6:14-19.
- Iwalokun, B.A., Gbenle, G.O., Ogunledun, A., Akinsinde, K.A. (2005). Growth and Survival of Shigella flexneri in commonly consumed foods in Nigeria. Nigeria Food Journal 23:205-209.
- Daini, O.A., Ogbolu, D.O. and Ogunledun, A. (2006) Plasmid determined resistance to Quinolones in clinical isolates of Gram-negative bacilli. Afr. J. Med. & Med. Sci. 35:437-441.
- Iwalokun, B.A., Bamiro, S.O. and Ogunledun, A. (2006). Levels and interactions of plasma xanthine oxidase, catalase and liver function parameters in Nigerian children with Plasmodium falciparum infection APMIS 114:842-850.
- Iwalokun, B.A., Gbenle, G.O., Ogunledun A., (2007). Cellular toxicity and effects of Shigella enterotoxigenic fraction on catalase, retinol and α – tocopherol levels in mice. J. Med. Sci. 7:1117-1125.
- Enwuru, C.A, Ogunledun, A., Idika, N. and Enwuru, N. V. (2007). Susceptibility profile of yeast-like organisms isolated from HIV/AIDS patients; using NCCLS macrodilution method compared with agar diffusion technique. Afr. J. Clin. Exper. Microbiol. 8:88-96.
- Ogunledun, A., Deji-Agboola, A. M., Efunshile, A. M., Mutiu, W. B.
Banjo, T. A. , Adedeji, S. O. , Igile, G. O. (2008) In-vitro Antimicrobial Efficacy of Carex Powerful Antiseptic Liquid. Nigerian Journal of Health and Biomedical Sci. Vol. 7, No. 2: 44-50.
- Enwuru, C.A, Ogunledun, A., Idika, N., Enwuru, N.V., Ogbonna, F. Aniedobe, M., Adeiga, A.(2008). Fluconazole resistant opportunistic oro-pharyngeal candida and non-candida yeast-like isolates from HIV infected patients attending ARV clinics in Lagos, Nigeria. African Health Sciences Vol. 8 No. 3: 142-148.
34 Ogbolu, D.O, Ogunledun, A., Adebiyi, O.E, Daini, O.A, Terry A.O.A. (2008). Antibiotic susceptibility patterns of Pseudomonas aeruginosa to available antipseudomonal drugs in Ibadan, Nigeria. Afr. J. Medicine & Med. Sciences. 37: 339-344.
- Eyitayo. O. Adenipekun, Ibukun. E. Aibinu, Oluwole. A. Daini, Afolabi Ogunledun, Aderemi T. Ajekigbe, Olutoyin A. Adelowotan, Tolu. O. Odugbemi. (2009). Occurrence of Beta-Lactamase resistance among Isolates from Cancer Patients in Lagos, Nigeria. Academia Arena, 1:(5)27-34.
- Afolabi Ogunledun, Hyacinth Izuka Effedua, Adebayo Adetola Amballi, Francis Ademola Oluwole, Pauline McLoone, Albert Adekunle Salako, Kolawole Sunday Oritogun (2009). Incidence of Malassezia fungemia and bacteremia in School Children with Pityriasis Versicolor in Ogun State, Nigeria. Academia Arena, 1(6):37-41.
- Iwalokun, B.A.. Ogunledun, A. Deji-Agboola, A.M. Banjo, T.A., Okoh, H., Ajibaye, O., Akindele, S., Egbuna, K.N., Agomo P.U. (2009). Photoreactive Alteration of Antibacterial, Antioxidant and Antiplasmodial Activities of Hyptis suaveolens Petroleum Ether Leaf Extract. International Journal of Malaria and Tropical Diseases. 5:148-158.
- Effedua, H.I., Adefuye, B.O. , Iyaniwura, C.A. , Deji-Agboola, A.M, Oluwadun. A. (2010). Predisposing factors to pityriasis versicolor in primary school pupils in Remo land, Ogun State, Nigeria. Nigerian Journal of Health and Biomedical Science. 9:16-19.
- Jayeola, C.O. and Oluwadun A. (2010). Mycoflora and nutritional components of cocoa powder samples in South-West, Nigeria. African Journal of Agricultural Research. 5:2694-2698
- Alli, J.A., Oluwadun, A., Okonko, I.O. , Fagade, O.E., Kolade, A.F. , Ogunleye, V.O. (2010). Microbial assessment and microbiological quality of some commercially prepared yogurt retailed in Ibadan, Oyo State South Western Nigeria British Journal of Dairy Sciences 1:34-38.
- Adijat Olabisi Atayese, Hyacinth Izuka Effedua, Kolawole Sunday Oritogun, Kehinde Titilope Kareem, Afolabi Ogunledun.(2010) Comparative Study of the Antimicrobial Activity of Chlorinated and Non-chlorinated Antiseptics against C. albicans Academia Arena 2: 35-40.
- Bamidele A. Iwalokun, Afolabi C. Oluwadun, Senapon O. Iwalokun, Olugbenga Ayoola Aina, Yetunde A. Olukosi, Phillip U. Agomo (2011). Reduction in febrile episodes and dynamics of pyrogenic threshold in Nigeria children with Plasmodium falciparam malaria Journal of pediatric Infectious Diseases. 6:1-10
- Jayeola, C.O., Oluwadun, A., Yahaya, L.E., Dongo, L.N., Ajao A.A, Mokwuunye, F.C. (2011). Comparative analysis of detecting ochratoxin A in cocoa powder samples using high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) and enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) African Journal of Food Science 5:513-521.
- Ogbolu, D.O., Daini, O.A., Oluwadun, A., Alli, A.O., Webber, M.A. (2011). High levels of multidrug resistance in clinical isolates of Gram-negative pathogens from Nigeria. International of Antimicrobial Agents. 37:62-66.
- Jayeola, C.O., Oluwadun, A., Olubamiwa, O., Effedua, H.I., Kale, O.E (2011). Antimalarial activity of cocoa powder in mice. African Journal of Biochemistry Research. 5: 328-332,
- Joseph A. O.Olugbuyiro, Grace I. Olasehinde, Pauline McLoone, Afolabi Oluwadun (2011). Relationship between Viable Bacterial Counts and Physicochemical Properties of Cocoa Powders and Powdered Cocoa Beverages purchased in Nigerian Supermarkets. Researcher.3: 46-52.
- Oluwabukola M. Akinloye, Esa R¨onkk¨O, Carita Savolainen-Kopra, Thedi Ziegler, Bamidele A. Iwalokun, Mope A. Deji-Agboola, Afolabi Oluwadun, Merja Roivainen, Festus D. Adu, and Tapani Hovi (2011). Specific Viruses Detected in Nigerian Children in Association with Acute Respiratory Disease Journal of Tropical Medicine. 2011: 1-6.
- Iwalokun, B.A., Oluwadun, A., Akinsinde, K.A., Niemogha, M.T., Nwaokorie, F.O. (2011). Bacteriologic and plasmid analysis of etiologic agents of conjunctivitis in Lagos Nigeria. Journal of Ophthalmic inflammation and infection. 1:95-103.
- Akinduti. P.A, Oluwadun, A, Iwalokun, B.A, Oluwaseun, E and Onagbesan, K.O (2011) .Clonal Dissemination of blaTEM beta-lactamase strains among Enteric Isolates in Abeokuta, Nigeria. Research Journal of Microbiology 6:919-925.
- Thomas, B.T, Effedua, H.I. , Agu, G.C. , Akinduti, P.A., O. Ejilude, Efuntoye, M.O. , Ayodele, A.E. and Oluwadun, A (2012). Extrinsic Factors Influencing Antibacterial Activities of Tapinanthus bangwensis Against Diarrheal Causing Organisms. International Journal of Microbiological Research 3: 33-37.
- Thomas Benjamin Thoha, Effedua Hyacinth Izuka, Agu Georgina, Musa Oluwaseunfunmi Sikirat, Odunsi Olayinka Davies, Ogueri Queeneth Chigozie, Raheem – Ademola Ramota, Oluwadun, A (2012). Prevalence of Antibiotic-Resistant Bacteria in Dried Cassava Powder (Garri) Circulating in Ogun State, Nigeria. Academia Arena 4 :9-13
- Thomas Benjamin Thoha1 ,Effedua Hyacinth Izuka, Musa Oluwaseunfunmi Sikirat, Adeyemi Michael Toyin, Adesoga Kehinde Omobowale, Ogundero Oluwabunmi, Afolabi Oluwadun (2012). Enumeration of Microorganism in Dried cassava Powder (Garri); a Comparative Study of Four Methods. New York Science Journal. 5:63-66.
- Thomas Benjamin Thoha, Effedua Hyacinth Izuka, Musa Oluwaseunfunmi Sikirat, Afolabi Oluwadun (2012). Growth and Survival of Gastroenteritis Pathogens in Dried Cassava Powder (Garri). New York Science Journal. 5:9-14.
- Thomas Benjamin Thoha, Effedua Hyacinth Izuka, Agu Georgina, Musa Oluwaseunfunmi Sikirat, Adeyemi Michael Toyin ,Odunsi Olayinka Davies, Adesoga Kehinde Omobowale, Ogundero Oluwabunmi, Oluwadun, A (2012). Fungi Associated with the Deterioration of Garri (a traditional fermented cassava product) in Ogun State, Nigeria. Researcher. 4:8-12.
- Iwalokun Bamidele A, Fowora, M, Akinloye Olubukola, Oluwadun Afolabi, Antonio M. and Adegbola, R. A (2012). A retrospective study of clinical Streptococcus pneumoniae isolates from four health facilities in South-West Nigeria. International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 4: 161-170.
- Iwalokun, B.A, Oluwadun, A, Otunba, A and Oyenuga, O.A (2012). Chemical Composition and Antimicrobial Activity of a New Chemotype of Hyptis suaveolens (Poit) from Nigeria. Current Research Journal of Biological Sciences 4: 265-272.
- Deji-Agboola A.M, Onakalu O.J, Hassan A.O, Adeboye K.S, Banjo T.A, Calebs B.C, Adeleke M.A, Oluwadun A (2012). Efficacy of some liquid antiseptics on Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolated from wounds. Nature and Science 10: 153-157.
- Hassan A.O, Amoo A.O.J, Akinwale O.P, Deji-Agboola A.M, Adeleke M.A, Gyang P.V, Oluwadun A (2012). Human water contact activities and urinary schistosomiasis around Erinle and Eko-ende dams. Global Advanced Research Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences 1:077-084.
- Raheem-Ademola Ramota Remi, Thomas Benjamin Thoha, Omolade Olabowale Adefolake, Musa Oluwaseunfunmi Sikirat, Afolabi Oluwadun. (2012). Investigation of some Hematological Parameters and the biochemical system in pupils with Dermatophytosis. Report and Opinion 4:(9): 67-69.
- David Olusoga Ogbolu, Oluwole Adebayo Daini, Afolabi Ogunledun, Oyebode A. Terry Alli, Mark A. Webber (2013). Dissemination of IncF plasmids carrying beta-lactamase genes in Gram-negative bacteria from Nigerian hospitals. Journal Infection Developing Countries. 7(5): 382-390.
- Akinduti Paul Akinniyi, Ejilude Oluwaseun, Deji‐Agboola Anotu Mopelola, Oladejo Janet Mosunmola, Raheem‐Ademola Ramota Remi, Oluwadun Afolabi (2013). Susceptibility of Multi‐Antibiotic Resistant Bacteria Strains in Abeokuta, Nigeria to Aloe vera Juice. American Journal of Research Communication. 1:(9) 56-64.
- Ololade Dolapo Aladesemipe, Bakarey Adeleye Solomon, Oladosu Ibrahim, Oluwadun Afolabi (2013). Antiplasmodial Efficacy of Crude Cocoa Powder Extract on CD4+ T-Cell Counts of Plasmodium berghei Infected BALB/c Mice. Open Journal of Medical Microbiology. 3:178-184.
- Bello, Temitope K., Bello, Olorunjuwon O., Egberongbe, H.O., Azeez, Ikimot A. and Oluwadun, Afolabi (2013). Antibiotics Resistance Profile of Escherichia coli and Enterobacter aerogenes isolated from well waters in Ago-Iwoye, Southwestern Nigeria. Journal of Advances in Biology. 2: 135-144.
- Ejilude Oluwaseun, Akinduti Paul Akinniyi, Oluwadun Afolabi (2013). Primary Multi-Drug Resistant Tuberculosis Among HIV Seropositive And Seronegative Patients In Abeokuta, Southwestern Nigeria. American Journal of Research Communication. 1:(10) 224-237.
- Christian Azubike Enwuru, Bamidele Iwalokun, Nkechi Veronica Enwuru, Oliver Ezechi, NneomaIdika, Afolabi Oluwadun (2013). The Occurrence and Modified Method for Phenotypic Identification of Ambler Group A and B Extended Spectrum β-Lactamases Production in Urino-Genital Gram Negative Bacterial Isolates from, Nigeria. Nature and Science. 11:48-53.
- Oladejo Janet Mosunmola, Raheem‐ Ademola Ramota Remi ,Banjo Taiwo Abayomi, Makanjuola Stephen Olaosebikan, Nwabuisi Charles, Oluwadun Afolabi (2013). Susceptibility of dermatophytes to Aloe vera juices using agar diffusion and broth dilution techniques. American Journal of Research Communication. 1:(8) 53‐62.
- Akano S.O, Moro D.O, Deji- Agboola A.M and Oluwadun A (2013). Public Health implication of Listeria species and other bacteria isolates of abbatoir effluent in Lagos, Nigeria. International Research Journal Microbiology 4:162-167.
- Akinleye. O.M, Buhari. O.A, Adebisi R.T., Raheem A. R.R., Makanjuola S.O., Oluwadun Afolabi.(2013). Relationship Between Intrinsic Factors And Aetiology Of Rot In Irish Potato (Solanum-tuberosum L.) Purchased In Lagos, Nigeria. New York Science Journal: 6: 20-31
- Jayeola CO. Oluwadun A, Olubamiwa O, Deji Agboola, and Effedua HI. (2014) Weight Reduction Activity of Cocoa Powder in Obese Mice. Research and Reviews: Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry. 2: 21-27
- Lakunle O.M, Oluwadun A., Adegoke C.O, Ogunbanwo S.T, Effedua H.I. (2014). Oropharyngeal Candidiasis in HIV Suspected Patience attending State Hospital. Ijebu-Ode, Ogun State, Nigeria. British Microbiology Research Journal 4 1451-1462.
- McLoone P. and Oluwadun A. (2014). Approaches to learning in higher education: A review. African Education Research Journal 2: 110-115
- Akano, S.O., Deji-Agboola, A.M., Oluwadun, A. (2014) Listeria species and antimicrobial resistance profiles of HIV/AIDs patients in Lagos, Nigeria. New York Science Journal 7(4): 46-52.
- Akinsinde K. A., Iwalokun B. A.., Oluwadun A., Smith S. I., Fowora M., Nwaokorie F. O., Bamidele T. A., Olukoya D. K., Ujah I. O. (2014). Distribution of phage types of Vibrio cholera 01 biotype EI Tor in Nigeria (2007 – 2013): Implication in cholera mortality. International Journal of Medicine and Medical Sciences. 6 (12): 245-250.
- Akinduti P. A., Oluwadun A., Iwalokun B., Onagbesan O. M. and Ejilude O. (2015). Community-Acquired CTX-M Beta-Lactamase Enteric isolates in Abeokuta, Nigeria. British Microbiology Research Journal 5 (4): 351 – 358
- Eyitayo O Adenipekun, Charlene R Jackson, Afolabi Oluwadun, Bamidele A Iwalokun, Jonathan G Frye, John B Barrett, Lari M.Hiott,Tiffanie A Woodley (2015 ). Prevalence and antimicrobial resistance in Escherichia coli from food animals in Lagos, Nigeria. Microbial Drug Resistance on line Journal.1-8.
- Folorunso JB, Thomas BT, Raheem-Ademola RR, Iwalokun BA, Oluwadun A. (2015 ) Plasmid analysis of etiologic agents of pyrexia of undetermined origin in Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State, Nigeria. European Journal of Biological Sciences 7: 45-49.
- Bamidele Abiodun Iwalokun, Afolabi Oluwadun, Senapon Olusola Iwalokun. Philip Agomo (2015). Toll-like receptor (TLR4 ) Asp299Gly and Thr399lle polymorphisms in relation to clinical falciparum malaria among Nigerian children: a multisite cross-sectional immunogenetic study in Lagos. Genes and Environment. 37: (3) 2-9.
- John Adeolu Alli, Bamidele A. Iwalokun, Afolabi Oluwadun, Iheanyi Omezuruike Okonko (2015). Genotyping by Randomly Amplified Polymorphic DNA of Bacterocin Producing Lactobacillus acidophilus strains from Nigeria. Journal of Innumoassay and Immunochemistry. 36: (4), 335-342.
- Adewale AK, Pazhani GP, Abiodun IB, Afolabi O, Kolawole OD, Mukhopadhyay AK, Ramamurthy T (2016). Unique Clones of Vibrio cholerae O1 El Tor with Haitian Type ctxB Allele Implicated in the Recent Cholera Epidemics from Nigeria, Africa. PLoS One. 2016 Aug 1;11(8):e0159794. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0159794. eCollection 2016
- Eyitayo O. Adenipekun, Charlene R. Jackson, Hazem Ramadan, Bamidele A. Iwalokun, Kolawole S. Oyedeji, Jonathan G Frye, John B. Barrett, Lari M Hiott, Tiffanie A Wodley, Afolabi Oluwadun (2016). Prevalence and multidrug resistance of Escherichia coli from community-acquired infections in Lagoos, Nigeria. Journal of Infections in Developing Countries 10(9): 920-931.
- Dupke S, Akinsinde K A, Gminow R, Iwalokun B A, Olukoya D K, Oluwadun A, Velavan T P, Jacob D, Jacob (2016) Characterization of Vibro cholerae strains isolated from the Nigerian outbreak in 2010. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 54: 2618 – 2421.
- Vincenzo Lippolis, Olubukola Irurhe , Anna Chiara R. Porricelli Marina Cortese, Roberto Schena, Tayo Imafidon, Afolabi Oluwadun, Michelangelo Pascale (2017) Natural co-occurrence of aflatoxins and ochratoxin A in ginger (Zingiber officinale) from Nigeria. Food Control 73 1061-1067.
- Conferences Attended:
- First African Laboratory Medicine Conference, Cape-Town, South African Dec.1-7, 2012.
- Methods of Determination of Mycotoxins in Food at the Joint Institute for Food Safety & Applied Nutrition Training Laboratory of University of Maryland & FDA, USA. November 12-21, 2014.