DEPARTMENT: Chemical Pathology and Immunology.
COLLEGE/FACULTY: OACHS/Basic Medical Sciences.
STATE OF ORIGIN: Ogun
MARITAL STATUS: Married.
NAME AND ADDRESS OF NEXT OF KIN: Mrs Olooto Temitope, 3, Igan Road Ago-Iwoye.
DATE OF FIRST APPOINTMENT WITH THE UNIVERSITY: 19TH March, 2004
STATUS OF FIRST APPOINTMENT: Medical Officer
DATE OF APPOINTMENT INTO PRESENT POSITION: 14TH March, 2008.
PRESENT POSITION AND SALARY: Lecturer 1,HATIS 4 Step 5
DATE OF COFIRMATION OF APPOINTMENT: 25TH March, 2008.
TOTAL NUMBER OF YEARS OF TEACHING AND RESEARCH: 7 Years
AREA OF RESEARCH INTEREST: Endocrinology and Metabolism
B) EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
Institution Attended (with dates)
Olabisi Onabanjo University 2010-
University of Ibadan 2005-2007
Olabisi Onabanjo University 1995-2002
Olabisi Onabanjo University 1989-1994
Ago-Iwoye Secondary School 1984-1988
Qualifications (with dates)
Doctor of Philosophy In view
Masters of Science (Chemical Pathology) 2007
Certificate in Immunology 2006
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery 2002
Bachelor of Science (Biochemistry) 1994
West African School Certificate (WASC) 1988
C) WORK EXPERIENCE WITH DATES
Lecturer, OOU, Ago-Iwoye 2008-Till date
Medical Officer, OOU, Ago-Iwoye. 2004-2008
Medical Officer, Ayedun Clinic, Sagamu 2003-2004
House Officer, OOUTH, Sagamu. 2002-2003
Science Teacher, Muslim High School, Ago-Iwoye. 1995
Science Teacher, Iragberi Grammar School, Iragberi (NYSC). 1994-1995
- Teaching of 400 Level Medical Students
- Participation in practical, tutorials and examining 400 Level Medical Students
- Teaching of MSc Students (Chemical Pathology)
Administrative functions and contributions to the University
- Sub-deen, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences (BMS), Ikenne.- 2013 till date
- Committee member-.Field/logistic subcommittee of the Community Based Medical Scheme (COBMES).
- Committee member-.Constitution of University town and gown committee (Ikenne).
- Committee member- University committee on time table (lecture and examination).
- Committee member- Ikenne-Sagamu student disciplinary committee.
- Committee member- Medical curriculum review committee.
Contributions to the Nation
- A Medical Practitioner
- A Researcher
MEMBERSHIP OF AND REGISTRATION WITH PROFESIONAL BODIES
- 1. Member of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Member of Nigerian Medical Association.
- Member of Academic Staff Union of University (ASUU).
THESIS AND DISSERTATIONS
- Olooto WE. (1994): Toxic effect of copper on the activity of Alkaline phosphatase in the liver and kidney of female Wilster strain albino rat, B Sc. Ogun State University.
- Olooto WE. (1997): The aetiology of obesity. M.B.Ch.B., Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- Olooto WE. (2001): Domestic waste disposal methods and knowledge of their health implications among Ajegunle residents in sagamu. M.B.Ch.B., Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- Olooto WE (2007): Effect of formaldehyde exposure on the liver among mortuary workers in South Western Nigeria. M Sc. University of Ibadan.
- Olooto WE (2010). Assessment of the effect of Formaldehyde exposure on the liver in mortuary workers in South Western Nigeria, Nigerian Medical Practitioner, 57 (4): 65-68.
- Salau BA, Ajani EO, Adenuga GA, Idowu OG, Olooto WE (2011). Implications of Dietary Sucrose on Feed Intake, Bodyweight and Blood Glucose Level of Rats; Res Bioscientia, 2 (3): 7-12.
- Ogundahunsi AO, Adenuga AO, Odewabi AO, Olooto WE, Jeminusi AO (2011). Nutritional issues of HIV/AIDS orphan in Sagamu South West, Nigeria, Nigerian Medical Practitioner, 60(1-2): 19-22.
- Ajani EO, Salau BA, Olooto WE, Adebayo OL, Adenuga GA (2011). Toxicological implications of continuous administration of aqeous leave extract of hydrocotyl bonariensis in rats, Appl. Sci. Res., 2011, 3 (5): 471-478. [Agora]
- Salau BA, Ketiku AO, Adebayo OL, Olooto WE, Ajani EO, Osilesi O (2012): Modulation of cardiovascular risk factors (haematological and haemorrheological parameters) caused by sucrose diet; Am. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol., 3(1): 119-126.
- Salau BA, Olooto WE, Adebayo OL, Ajani EO, Odufuwa KT and Olowookere JO (2012): Sucrose Diet Elevates Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Male Albino Rats; Int. J. Biol. Chem., 6 (2): 61-68.
- Olooto WE, Adeleye OA, Amballi AA. and Mosuro AO. (2012): Pattern of Reproductive Hormones (Follicle Stimulating Hormone, Luteinizing Hormone, Estradiol, Progesterone, and Prolactin) Levels in Infertile Women in South Western Nigeria, Der Pharmacia Letter, 2012, 4(2): 549-553.
- Olooto WE, Amballi AA, Adeleye OA, Mosuro AO. (2012). Evaluation of hormonal and physical factors responsible for male infertility in Sagamu South Western Nigeria, Der Pharmacia Letter, 4(5): 1475-1479.
- Olooto WE, Arisere SH, Amballi AA, Ogunlewe JO (2012). Assessment of the renal status of pregnant women through various biochemical parameters in various trimesters of pregnancy, Nigerian Medical Practitioner, vol. 62 (3): 63-67.
- Emmanuel O. Ajani, Bamidele A. Salau, Wasiu E Olooto, Fisayo A. Bamisaye (2013): Plasma electrolyte and some biochemical changes following separate and combined administration of Calcium and Artemisin-Lumefantrine based therapy, ASIAN J. Exp. Biol. Sci. 4(1): 97-102.
- Olooto WE, Amballi AA, Mosuro AO, Adeleye OA, and Banjo TA. (2013). Assessment of Total Protein, Albumin, Creatinine and Aspartate Transaminase level in Toxemia of Pregnancy, J. Med. Sci., 13(8), 791-796. (SCOPUS, google scholars, SCIMAGO, MBASE)
- Olooto, Wasiu Eniola; Adeleye, Adebambo Olufemi; Amballi, Adebayo Adetola; Mosuro, Ademola Oladipupo and Banjo, Taiwo Abayomi. (2013). Thyroid Stimulating Hormone Assay as the First line Biochemical Parameter to determine Thyroid Gland abnormalities, Pak. J. Biol. Sci.,17 (1), 118-121. (SCOPUS, google scholars, SCIMAGO, MBASE)
- Banjo TA, Amoo AOJ, Busari A, Kama AC, Lawal IA, Ogundahunsi OA, Olooto WE, Familoni OB, Onilude AA, Mutiu WB, Oyelere KA, Kama G (2013). Intestinal parasites among abattoir workers in Abeokuta, AJRC, 1(10), 84-96.
- Banjo TA, Akano AM, Amoo AOJ, Kama AC, Ogundahunsi OA, Olooto WE, Familoni OB, Mutiu WB, Adebesin OA, Johnson AA, Kama G (2013). Comparative molecular & laboratory diagnostic techniques of cryptosporidium parvum in diarrhoiec hiv positive individuals in lagos , AJRC, 1(10), 97-112.
- Banjo TA, Kasim LS, Iwalokun BA, Mutiu WB, Olooto WE, Mba NG, James ES, Shorunmu TO.(2013). Effects of different extraction methods on in-vitro antimicrobial properties of Lagenaria breviflora whole fruits, New York Science Journal, 6 (10), 60-65.
- Olooto WE , Ogundahunsi OA, Banjo TA, Salau BA, Amballi AA, Ajani EO and
Onakomaya OA. (2014). Hypoglycemic and modifying effect of aqueous cocoa powder extract on diabetic-induced histologic changes in the pancreas of alloxan diabetic rats, Annals of Biological Sciences, 2 (1):10-18.
- Olooto WE, Ogundahunsi OA, Amballi AA, Onakomaya OA, Olawale OO (2014). Modification of Cardiovascular Disease Risk predictor (atherogenic and coronary risk indices) in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus by aqueous cocoa powder extract, Der Phamacia Lettre, 6(4): 261-266.
- Olaniyan, JA, Banjo, TA, Olooto, WE, Ogundahunsi, OA, Amoo, OJ, Iwalokun, BA (2013). Malaria and Typhoid as a Cause of Febrile Illness Amongst People Attending Redeemer’s Camp Centre in Mowe, Ogun State, Nigeria, Nigerian Journal of Parasitology, 34(2), 153-158.
- Olooto WE, Amballi AA, Banjo TA. (2012). A review of Female Infertility; important etiological factors and management, J. Microbiol. Biotech. Res, 2 (3), 379-385.
- Olooto WE (2012). Infertility in male; causes and management- A review, J. Microbiol. Biotech. Res, 2 (4): 641-645.
- Olooto WE (2013) Diagnostic importance of URINALYSIS in endocrinology- a review, Annals of Biological Sciences, 1(1):23-27.
- Molecular and Cellular basis of the normal immune response (2004)
- Safety measures in preventing and controlling infectious agent (2006)
- European Contact Point Network Information Day, OACH, Sagamu (2010)
- Lecture on Biochemical changes in fasting; a benefit or a curse, organized by Muslim Student Society, OOU, during annual health week, 2009
- Lecture on Hypertension and Diabetes mellitus; aetiology, course, prevention and modern management modalities during annual conference of NASFAT Women, Ijebu North Zone, 2011.
- Grant writing and publication (Training the Trainers) workshop organized by Centre for Disease Control and American society for Clinical Pathology in Abuja, 2013.