Address: Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences, OOU.
Social Media Address: linkedin.com/in/muinat-moronke-adeyanju-ph-d-b6909a33
Designation: Academic Staff
I am a dedicated, resourceful and productive academic/research scientist with specialization in Protein Biochemistry & Biotechnology. I started my tertiary education at Lagos State Polytechnic where I studied Science Laboratory Technology and obtained Ordinary National Diploma (OND) with Upper Credit in 1995 and proceeded to Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria obtaining B.Sc. (Second Class Upper Division), M.Sc. and Ph.D. Degrees in Biochemistry in the year 2000, 2006 and 2015 respectively
I am a self -driven, articulate and committed person while setting high standards for myself and my work. I am also naturally disciplined, result-oriented and have good organizational and communication skills; and thus I thrive in a fast-paced research environment that demands precision, organization and networking. I have analytical instincts for details with ability to listen and communicate effectively. I put a high premise on work ethics and also have the ability to work in a team, either as team lead or member and can adapt to changes.
I conduct innovative, multidisciplinary research in the area of protein secretion, extraction, assay, purification and characterization. Also, I study enzyme kinetics, inhibition patterns and post-translational modifications of proteins
My effort is directed both to the development of cell factories and proteins for possible industrial and therapeutic use
Academic Rank: Lecturer II
Current Position: Lecturer II
Research Interest: Protein Biochemistry, Proteomics and Biotechnology
OND Science Laboratory Technology, Lagos State Polytechnic, Lagos, Nigeria B.Sc. (Hons.) Biochemistry, Ogun State University, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria
M.Sc. Biochemistry, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria Ph.D. Biochemistry, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, Nigeria
Membership of Professional Bodies:
Nigerian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NSBMB).
2009 Federal Government of Nigeria Education Trust Fund Award (TefFund) held at ITSI-Biosciences Johnstown Pennsylvania, USA (PhD Research).
2002 Federal Government of Nigeria Scholarship Award- (Masters Programme Funding).
1998 Certificate of Merit as the Financial Secretary of the National Association of Science Student (NASS), Ogun State University Chapter, Ago–Iwoye.
BCH 201: Introduction to Biochemistry
BCH 202: General Biochemistry II
MDB 200.1: Medical Biochemistry I
MDB 200.2: Medical Biochemistry II
MDB 300: Inborn Error of Metabolism
BCH 305: Metabolism of Amino-Acids & Proteins
BCH 309: Methods in Biochemistry
BCH 314: Nutritional Biochemistry
BCH 302: Enzymology
BCH 312: Instrumental Methods of Analysis
BCH 398: SIWES
BCH 422: Industrial Biochemistry
- The comparative analysis of the fatty acids and protein contents of Human Breast milk and some selected infant formulae.
- Purification and Characterization of the alpha-amylase isolated from licheniformis and B. subtilis Isolated from Cassava.
- The effect of Sesamum indicum (Beni-Seed) on the Lipid profile of hypercholesterolemic wistar strain rats.
- Adebawo, O. O., Salau, B. A., Adeyanju, M., Famodu, A. A., Osilesi, O. (2007). Fruits and Vegetables moderate blood pressure, fibrinogen concentration and plasma viscosity in Nigerian hypertensives. African Journal of Food Agric. Nutrition & Development, 7 (6): 1-13.
- Adeyanju, M. M., Agboola, F. K., Omafuvbe, B. O., Oyefuga, O. H., Adebawo, O. O. (2007). A thermostable extracellular α-amylase from Bacillus licheniformis from cassava steep water. Biotechnology, 6 (4): 473-480.
- Ajani, E.O., Adebawo, O. O., Salau, B. A., Osineye, P. O., Adeyanju, M. M., Aro, O. K. (2008). Comparative study of tissues oxidative stress in Hydrocotyl bonarienssis treated rats fed with dietary galactose. Journal of Biology & Environmental Sciences, 2(4):15-21.
- Oyefuga, H., Adeyanju, M. M., Adebawo, O. O., Agboola, F. K. (2011). Purification and some properties of β-amylase from the nodes of sugarcane, Saccharium offinacium. International Journal of Plant Physiology and Biochemistry, 3(7): 117-124.
- Adeyanju, M., Adetoro, A. O., Adeshakin, A. O., Kasumu, T., Mowoe, O., Famakinwa O. A., Lawal O. (2012). Characterization of a thermostable Bacillus subtilis β-amylase isolated from decomposing peels of Cassava (Manihot esculenta). Biokemistri. 24 (1): 23-30.
- Banjoko, I. O., Adeyanju, M. M., Ademuyiwa, O. O., Adebawo, O. O., Olalere, R. A. Kolawole, M. O. et al., (2012). Hypolipidemic effects of lactic acid bacteria fermented cereal in rats. Lipids in Health and Disease, 11(170): 1-11.
- Salau, B. A., Adeyanju, M. M., Odufuwa, K. T., Osilesi, O. (2012). Fruits and Vegetable diet improves some selected hemorheological parameters predisposing to cardiovascular diseases in Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDM) subjects. Pakistan Journal of Biological Sciences, 15(14):694-697.
- Salau, B. A., Adeosun, C. B., Odufuwa, K. T., Kale, O. E., Olukanni, O. D., Adeyanju, M. M. (2013). Methanolic extract of Musa Sapientum surker proffers antioxidant effects against Indomethacin-induced ulceration oxidative stress in wistar rats. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 8 (1): 7-12.
- Adeyanju, M. M., Atunnise, A., Olukanni, O. D., Adeosun, C. B., Salau, B. A. (2013). Beniseed diet moderates blood glucose and body weight in rat fed high sucrose diet. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences, 10 (5): 24-27.
- Adeyanju, M. M., Fagbohunka, B. S., Ezima, E. N., Ateni, E. T., Obajimi, O., Akinsolu, A., Owa, S. O. (2014). The characterization of thiosulphate: cyanide sulphur transferase from the gut and body segments of earthworm (Hyperiodrilus africanus). Biokemistri, 26(3): 76-84.
- Ajani, E. O., Sabiu, S., Bamisaye, F. A., Adenigba, B. V., Awomoyi, D. D., Adeyanju, M. M. (2014). Hepatoprotective and antioxidative effect of ethanolic leaf extract of Langenaria breviflora (bitter gourd) on indomethacin-ulcerated rats. IOSR Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences), 9 (5): 61-68.
- Fagbohunka, B. , Ezima, E. N., Adeyanju, M. M., Alabi, M. A., Oyedele, D. E., Adeneye, A. A. (2014). Inhibition studies of some key enzymes of the termite, Amitermes eveuncifer (silverstri) workers: clue to termites salt intolerance. Science Focus. 19 (1):81- 87.
- Adeyanju, M. M., Ojewunmi, O., Akande, T., Ezima, E. N., Akeredolu, A. A., Fagbohunka, B. S. (2014). Partial purification and some physicochemical properties of Aspergillus flavus α-amylase isolated from decomposing cassava peels. African Journal of Biotechnology, 13 (52): 4657- 4662.
- Ezima, E. N., Adeyanju, M. M., Odufuwa, K.T. Aremu, T. A., Fagbohunka, B. S. (2014). Biodegradation of waste using cellulase from termite workers Amitermes eveuncifer (Silvestri): A clue to the application of termite cellulase in waste management. Science Focus 19(2): 93-98.
- Fagbohunka, S., Edorh, S. E., Adeyanju, M. M., Ezima, E.N., Alabi, M. A., Ogunlabi, O. O. (2015). Activities of a cellulase of the termite, Ametermes Eveuncifer (Silverstri) soldier: clue to termites salt intolerance. Journal of Natural Sciences Research, 5(11): 117-123.
- Ezima, E.N. Oyefuga, O. H. Fagbohunka, S. Adeyanju, M. M. Alabi, M. A., Onayemi A. A. (2015). Effect of oral administration of honey on arginase activity of rats exposed to smoke. Biokemistri, 27 (3): 139-144.
- 5th Annual conference of the Nutrition Society of Nigeria (NSN) held at Sagamu in 1999.
- 25th Annual Conference of the Nigerian Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (NSBMB) at University of Lagos (November 15th -18th, 2005).
- 1st National Science Conference of the Faculty of Science, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye, themed: “Sustainable Energy and Friendly Environment (5th-7th February 2008).
- 1st International Conference on Research and Development at the Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana, Accra, themed: “Research and Sustainable Development of the third World: Issues and Insights”. (25th– 28th November 2008).
- Experimental Biology (2015) Annual Meetings and Conference held at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, Boston Massachusetts, USA between (March 28-April 1, 2015) (Poster Presentation) Comparative Proteomics of Intracellular and Extracellular Proteins from Amylolytic Strains of subtilis and B. licheniformis
Protein Biochemistry, Proteomics and Biotechnology.